Been marking off the "First I Gottas" before installing Leopard (Mac OS 10):
It has been a struggle to take time out to write anything meaningful in this blog. I have got to get beyond the idea that it has to be revolutionary to be expressed.
- Upgrade memory on my MacBook Pro: 4 GB
- Purchase a Terrabyte Firewire 800 Drive for running Time Machine (see below)
- Clone my harddrive to an external firewire drive.
- Upgrade harddrive in my MacBook Pro: 250 GB
- Install the latest flavor of OS X - Leopard.
- Migrate the my old user folder and extra applications.
- Keep my old (smaller) MacBook Pro drive in a portable USB drive with my "new laptop" so I can recover any missing serial numbers, etc.